Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
The role / What’s the opportunity?
Thirty Madison’s mission is to make specialized care and treatment accessible to everyone. To accomplish this, we have developed a novel approach to healthcare delivery that combines the best of specialized care with the convenience of telehealth and treatment delivery. As we continue to expand our current offerings and launch new therapeutic areas in more complex conditions, accepting health benefits and developing alternative coverage models will have a meaningful impact on ensuring that the maximum number of people have access to care from Thirty Madison. We are looking for an ambitious, strategic healthcare leader to serve as our Payor Development Lead to help us scope and close key third-party relationships.
In this role, you will be responsible for working directly with our VP, Payor and Executive team to help Thirty Madison engage and build innovative relationships with a broad range of players in the payor space, ranging from PBMs to insurers and self-insured employers, to HSA providers, as well as leading outreach and negotiation of contracting. You will be our lead development person, bringing a mix of healthcare knowledge, market listening, and sales process. You will have concrete targets to hit, but the opportunity to help us shape those targets based on your understanding of the market.
This role reports to our VP, Payor (interim reporting to GM, Platform). Candidates should be based in NY or on the East Coast, with a willingness to travel at least 30% of the time.
- Work closely with leadership to develop innovative payor and business model strategies that enable Thirty Madison to expand access and build sustainable businesses across multiple therapeutic areas
- Serve as the voice of the market and be the expert on market insights, trends and competitive intelligence, maintain a comprehensive understanding of our competitors' products, appetite, and capabilities; provide insights into new and emerging needs in the industry.
- Manage external consulting relationships to help drive executive-level conversations with target companies
- Build and nurture a curated pipeline of health plan, PBM, employer and pharma partners through prospecting, identification, and outreach
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking and analyzing your sales funnel from prospect to signed contract, and deliver regular insights to the business
- Support the sales process from initial meetings through to signed contract, including the development of collateral and detailed business cases
- Coordinate the contracting process, including rate negotiations and the preparation of SOWs and MSAs;
help move existing relationships to value-based contracting models
- When appropriate, serve as an external SME representing Thirty Madison at events, conferences, and with clients
Qualifications / What skills do I need? / You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 7+ years of experience working in healthcare, consulting, or other professional services organizations with an emphasis on healthcare
- Experience creating and building internal and external relationships, ideally in a client services, sales, or account management context
- Knowledge of payor economics and business models, and how innovations such as telemedicine, disease management, and remote monitoring will impact the future of reimbursement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.