PHP Application Programmer
We're NextGuest Digital, the digital marketing agency that pioneered book-direct strategies for hundreds of hotels around the world. Since 2001, we've worked with global chains, independent boutique hotels, and non-hotel accommodations to drive more direct bookings through website design and digital marketing, from SEO, SEM, and online advertising to content, email, and social media marketing.
Once in a lifetime opportunity to become an industry digital technology expert!
NextGuest Digital is expanding its team of talented professionals by adding a high energy PHP Application Programmer to our New York office to focus on creating and maintaining of a wide range of digital technology systems and applications.
Responsibilities of a PHP Application Programmer include:
- Working with our team (e.g., team leads, executives, sales team) to plan program code enhancements and changes to the award-winning proprietary software, including all aspects of programming
- Maintaining software repositories, keeping our client software up to date, using various services within AWS
- Developing high-performance, test-driven, highly available hospitality industry oriented client software with flexibility and code reusability in mind.
- Helping other team members with extensive knowledge you have.
- Taking part in maximizing software functionality (either back-end or front-end related), optimizing and improving user experience.
- College degree is required, preferably in Computer Science
- 2+ Years solid work experience as a PHP programmer
- Proficiency in CSS3/HTML5
- Experience with popular PHP frameworks for developing applications (Zend, Laravel, Symfony, etc.)
- Proficiency with MySQL database schema design and performance
- Experience writing well-documented, test-driven (TDD) PHP code, Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) coding methodologies
- Experience in Git and code versioning
- Previous experience with hosting and/or cloud environments
Good to have:
- Experience with Front-end Web Development is a PLUS! (i.e. React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience with Zend Framework/XML/SOAP
- Experience with PHP Open Source projects, e.g. WordPress
- SCRUM or Agile methodology knowledge
- Any NoSQL experience, e.g. MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Hands on experience with AWS
- Familiarity with social network integration
- Experience with NGINX / PHP-FPM is a PLUS!
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Casual office environment
- 401K benefits
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Quarterly team outings, from bowling to karaoke and river cruises
- Monthly team lunches
- Weekly happy hours
- Summer Fridays
- Commuter program
- Learning and development opportunities
Location: Midtown Manhattan, New York City
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.