Platform Engineer (DevOps)
Platform Engineer (Operations)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit http://www.ww.com/us/corporate-careers
The Platform Engineer position within WW's Infrastructure is responsible for the design, implementation and support of solutions based on the principles of operational resiliency, repeatability, and simplicity.
The position requires a strong background in virtualization and cloud technologies, container-based environments, container orchestration, open source tools, infrastructure as software, and a solid understanding of common network and data layer technologies. You will work in the role of trusted advisor to partner teams, helping to deliver the best quality solutions to customers. You will provide non-functional requirements to complement existing and new features/solutions, as well as help build and support scalable and cost effective platform environments to run the WW’s application services.
You will be asked to analyze existing and new solutions critically, finding and fixing flaws under a guideline of continuous improvement. You will also use monitoring and performance analysis tools to assure applications are operating optimally, and performing within acceptable thresholds, for our customers.
You must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are building and eager to produce world-class services. You should enjoy a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization.
- 7+ years experience with large scale deployments and production support of high capacity mission critical platforms and systems
- 5+ years experience with cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.
- 3 + years Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, RKT, etc)
- Proficiency in one or more of scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and common knowledge of Object Oriented coding skills to automate processes
- Expert proficiency with Linux systems based administration and troubleshooting
- Solid knowledge of orchestration and configuration management frameworks (Ansible, Terraform, etc.) and CI/CD principles.
- Thorough understanding of server and network protocols and technologies i.e. DNS, DHCP, VLAN, TCP/IP, NTP, etc.
- General knowledge of storage concepts and protocols in relation to virtualized/cloud environments
- Experience with monitoring and performance analytics tools (Datadog, NewRelic, Loggly, Stackdriver, Prometheus, etc…)
- Support of applications and services written in a variety of programming languages (scala, node.js, java, python, ruby, etc…)
- Ability to problem solve quickly and articulate clear viable tactical & strategic options as part of a cross-functional global team
- Advanced systems troubleshooting and optimization, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills
- Experience supporting modern datastore and database platforms and services (Cassandra, Postgresql, RDS, MongoDB, etc…)
- Experience with modern CI/CD frameworks (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, Circle CI)
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work in a rewarding and highly collaborative environment
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.