Principal QA Automation Engineer at Crossix
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:20 a.m. (EST) on Monday, August 31, 2020
Crossix is a health-focused technology company dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics and innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Crossix, a Veeva Company, provides our clients with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Crossix knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Crossix is headquartered in midtown Manhattan with opportunities to work in our NYC office and other locations around the country. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in opportunities for professional development and career growth, and provide other amenities like a beautiful rooftop, team bonding activities, etc.
Crossix is looking for a Principal QA Automation Engineer who will design and establish our testing methodology and processes from the ground up for our new platform Veeva Data Cloud. You’re someone who likes to contribute to the day-to-day delivery of mission critical applications and is passionate about delivering quality data products.
As the founding QA member of the Veeva Data Cloud Platform product team, you will create and maintain the testing framework as we build and grow the Veeva Data Cloud platform. This is a great role for someone passionate about data and excited to design and build quality systems from day 1.
What You'll Do
- Lead the development of QA test strategies, test plans and other quality assurance standards
- Work closely with the Development and Product Management teams to define, create and execute quality assurance testing for a microservice architecture
- Lead the efforts to implement QA automation to expedite smoke and regression testing
- Create QA progress/status reports and facilitate internal and external quality review meetings
- Analyzing system features and functionality and determining the best approach and techniques to test (stress/load, data integrity, security, automation)
- Develop and exhibit advanced level knowledge of QA lifecycle
- Be a progressive thinker to optimize QA efforts and expedite the required testing process
- Understand business requirements, prepare test estimates and test plans, conduct test execution and prepare results
- Work with scrum team and all other product stakeholders on ensuring features are released on time with quality
- Collaborate with the Dev Lead on feature sprint planning and provide metrics on testing progress
- Identify risks and work with development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
What You've Done
- 5+ years of experience in Software Testing
- Experience in software test automation, including creation and deployment of frameworks and design and maintenance of test automation
- Experience with QA processes, gathering requirements, writing specifications and test plans
- Understanding of multiple tools for automation, bug management and test management such as testrail, Cucumber, Junit, etc.
- Hands on testing experience, mastery of test management lifecycle, and developing test strategies and test management process
- Experience in writing and executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases
- Expertise in functional and non-functional test execution and reporting
- Experience creating test frameworks for cloud-based microservice architecture
- Ability to anticipate organizational and technical issues, and the ability to provide detailed projections and post-mortems
- Experience with Jmeter or other load testing tools.
- Ability to generate functional testing metrics and quality measures
- Experience with version control systems like git, mercurial.
- Qualified candidates should have completed a 4-year college degree. Preferred having educational backgrounds in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Computer Science (CS), or Mathematics
Nice to Have
- Life sciences domain knowledge, particularly with health data
- Experience with Atlassian products like Jira
- Infrastructure knowledge especially in AWS
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, AWS EMR, AWS Glue)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present and interact with different stakeholders
- Elaborate analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, having a passion for learning
- Capability to train, mentor, and provide quality advice to team members
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
If this role and our exciting company culture seem appealing to you, please apply! We want to continue to grow our diverse team of hardworking and humble people who are passionate about their work. We hope that’s you!