Principal Software Engineer - Data Cloud at Crossix
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Crossix is a health-focused technology company dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics and innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Crossix, a Veeva Company, provides our clients with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Crossix knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Crossix is headquartered in midtown Manhattan with opportunities to work in our NYC office and other locations around the country. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in opportunities for professional development and career growth, and provide other amenities like a beautiful rooftop, team bonding activities, etc.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Veeva Data Cloud development team, you will be responsible for building out the systems and processes from the ground up for our product launch. You’ll continue to be focused on building software that can scale and continue to evolve with new features and capabilities over time. You’ll be a part of a small team focused on building Veeva Data Cloud from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop platform capabilities for a set of new scalable data products to support enterprise customers
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on the technical design and development for core product capabilities
- Process large amounts of structured and unstructured data to extract value from it
- Focus on bringing automation to scale and identifying where software can proactively solve problems in an automated way
- Builds the job scheduler and execution capability, focusing on resource scalability
- 10+ years of hands on software development experience
- Proven experience building products in Big Data, distributed computing and cloud
- Proficient in Java/Scala
- Proficient in Spark/EMR
- Proficient in Linux, SQL, relational databases
- Experience working with AWS
- Modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components
- NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc.
- RESTful interfaces
- Experience working in an agile environment on enterprise products
- Experience in hiring and developing high-performing engineers
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field
Nice to Have
- Exposure to data and code security (Encryption, SSL, Hashing, Masking) is an advantage
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and computational modeling
Perks & Benefits
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan and close to several major transportation hubs
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Fitness/wellness reimbursement
- Allocation for continuous learning and development
- Weekly happy hours and other social activities
If this role and our exciting company culture seem appealing to you, please apply! We want to continue to grow our diverse team of hardworking and humble people who are passionate about their work. We hope that’s you!