What you will do:
- Implement solutions to problems most certainly in Golang, possibly in Java and even maybe some other language or platform to serve the needs of the MediaGuard customers.
- Profile, debug, optimize and harden Linux-based software.
- Support the development and delivery of the MediaGuard product, one of our flagship offerings that handles 1.5 trillion prediction requests a day from some of the largest internet companies in the world.
- Partner closely with our Platform Engineering teams to find ways to deliver outstanding value to our MediaGuard customers by extending and reusing common platform components.
- Collaborate with detection researchers (data scientists, malware reversers, threat analysts) to design and propose new ways to demonstrate the return on investment our customers are realizing as a result of using our software
- Participate in an agile development cycle, write clear and usable documentation, give lightning talks and mentor others
- Work with a team of uniquely hardworking engineers who love to learn, experiment, and push the limits of modern technology
- Participate in building a thoughtful culture that emphasizes lean principles and optimizes for deep work, collaboration and doing the best work of your career
Who you are:
- You’re either comfortable in Go codebases or open to learning the language given your depth of experience in another low-level/systems programming language such as C++, Rust, or Java. We will teach you Go!
- You have your share of war stories about distributed architectures and their common pitfalls
- You constantly work towards correctness and performance, in that order. You are a stickler for following a thorough merge request process and leaving things better than you found them.
- You look to find new and innovative ways to tackle sophisticated problems through meticulous experimentation.
- You have an open attitude and collaborate well across team boundaries- be they the office hallway or the continental divide.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family