SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
- Apply your knowledge of quality assurance to build reliable and scalable tests for our products as an automation engineer.
- Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to understand our customers’ needs and the design decisions of the product.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of our automation suites as new features are added to our applications.
- Work closely with other QA engineers to create scalable and efficient testing solutions.
- Collaborate with software engineers to ensure that new features are fully tested and design automation tests to increase overall coverage.
- Using your intuition as a QA member to help uncover new bugs and their root causes.
- At least 3 years experience in a QA Automation/SDET role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Selenium and experience creating automation suites from scratch.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Gitlab etc)
- Ability to work with web elements and complicated selectors.
- Experience with manual testing (Cross browser, cross platform, responsiveness etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development principles as well as proficiency in primary programming language - java is a bonus.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively. Enthusiasm in proposing new technologies or strategies to other engineers.
- Some experience in developing load tests or API tests. Jmeter and RESTAssured is a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex features into automated test plans.
- Experience with BDD testing (cucumber, gherkin) is a bonus.
- Some experience managing end-to-end QA test processes
- Familiarity working in an agile environment.
- Highly self motivated
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Professional education reimbursement program