Greater NYC Area
Teachable is looking to expand our team and bring on a QA Manager! We're a tight-knit team of smart people who work in a fast-paced environment with minimal overhead.
As QA Manager you will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of quality across all of our user-facing products and services in production. You will own the quality function from end-to-end, including the processes, tools, and environments in which the QA team performs its role to the integration of our test suites into our continuous build/deploy process. You will be overseeing a team of engineers who support other teams with feature releases by writing automated end-to-end tests and performing manual testing.
The ideal candidate for this role has had significant experience with a variety of manual and automated QA testing technologies, processes, and methodologies - as our team is small but growing we are looking for manager who can contribute hands-on as necessary as well as owning the team’s technology strategy, structure, processes, and best practices. You should also be an experienced people manager who has a track record of successfully mentoring and growing their direct reports.
- Lead a small team of QA engineers, responsible for testing strategy, processes, and execution
- Work with product and engineering leadership to maintain a high level of quality execution as the business scales
- Innovate and drive automated and manual testing best practices
- Provide mentorship and support to QA team members to help grow their careers
- Recruit and hire additional QA engineers as the team grows
- Set measurable goals and key performance indicators for the QA team
- Develop and maintain automated feature tests as necessary
- 7+ years of overall QA experience, primarily in an automation role
- 2+ years of experience managing and growing QA team
- Up to date with modern test automation frameworks, services, and best practices and has implemented them in the past
- Familiarity with Cucumber and BDD
- Experience with Selenium or other browser automation frameworks
- Experience working on teams where manual testing informs the design of automation plans
- High level of proficiency testing web applications, preferably in tech stacks using one or more of Ruby on Rails, Angular and React
- Comfortable working within a fast paced, Agile environment using continuous integration
- Experience maintaining quality with a rapidly scaling engineering team via implementing
- QA processes and best practices
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off
- Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
- 401(k) with match after 3 months of service
- Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
- Monthly company activities and outings
- Beautiful office in Flatiron, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Gym + wellness matching stipend
- Tax-free commuter benefits
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description