Senior Backend Engineer
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses and developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition, and predicts more than 1.2 billion concepts in photos and videos every month. Clarifai’s powerful image and video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems and made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Clarifai raised a $30 million Series B in 2016 led by Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, and Lux Capital. Existing investors include Google Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, NVIDIA Ventures, Corazon Capital, LDV Capital, Osage University Partners, and New York University.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Get familiar with our code base (as well as the backend and infrastructure teams). We would like you to take this time to get comfortable working with what we’ve built and who has helped build it so far, and give us the feedback only a fresh perspective can bring.
- Learn about the distinctive challenges of machine learning systems using GPUs.
- Identify and resolve production bugs.
- Help to plan feature development, requirements, and our technical road map.
- Accelerate development of our machine learning API feature set.
- Improve user management and refining API permissions
- Build and measure benchmarking and stress test tools.
- Measure and optimize of the customer facing custom training API service.
- Design, deploy and run web-scale distributed storage systems of various flavors, both relational (mysql, postgres) and nosql (redis, elasticsearch, etc.).
- Expand on quality assurance infrastructure and continuous deployment.
- Identify web security risks and write tools to improve security issues.
- Work closely and communicate with product managers on hiring and timelines.