Want to work at a fast-growing and award-winning fintech company? In our first two years, we’ve nearly tripled headcount and added two new asset classes to our cutting-edge platform for financial advisors. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020 and, with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re on the lookout for smart, passionate, and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
As a SIMON Senior Backend Engineer, you will play an integral role in designing and implementing systems that power the largest platform existing today for managed-risk financial products. We are looking for engineers who can build APIs and applications that are highly performant and intuitive. Knowledge of open-source technologies, modern web standards/best practices and distributed systems are a plus. We’re looking for candidates who like working in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about writing code, sharing ideas and building elegant and efficient systems.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Work directly with clients and collaborate across teams to serve as the technical architect for new client projects
- Use open-source technologies like Scala, Akka, Postgres and Kinesis to build elegant APIs that clients will love
- Have a deep understanding of our business and work closely with our Sales and Product teams to drive new initiatives
What We're Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with clients
- Self-starter, creative problem solver and not afraid of tackling big challenges
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about financial products and markets
- Experience building APIs for large scale applications
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.