Senior Detection Engineer
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
You’ll be joining the Detection Tau Team. Inspired by one our core values of creating Tau and empowering others, our team is responsible for providing solutions that force multiply our brilliant researchers, analysts and data scientists in their hunt for bots.
What you'll do:
- Architect, implement and deliver maintainable solutions for some of the most interesting problems in cyber security
- Automate the collection, ingestion and integration of critical anti-fraud enrichment data into the WhiteOps detection architecture with open source solutions like Apache AirFlow and Elasticsearch all managed in a Kubernetes cluster
- Be a toolmaker and a bridge-builder. Find the levers for disproportionate impact.
Who you are:
- You are comfortable using the right language for the job, whether that’s Java, Python, Rust, Go, or just Bash
- You have experience automating the deployment of distributed software to cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP (which likely also means you know some combination of Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Terraform)
- You are knowledgeable about database technologies like Elasticsearch, Cassandra, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB, and when to use one over the other
- You are a firm believer in and practitioner of CI/CD best practices
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You have an open attitude and collaborate well across team boundaries
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •