Senior DevOps Engineer at JW Player
Do you enjoy writing tools for other engineers to use? Is automating processes your thing? Does the idea of figuring out how to test new infrastructure programmatically excite you? Do you like evangelizing good practices and spreading knowledge? If so, JW Player's DevOps Engineer role may be exactly what you're looking for.
As part of the DevOps team, you will:
- Create and maintain services to provide Developers with everything they need to get services into production.
- Automate configuration and templating of AWS infrastructure created by our services
- Create services which interact with third-party tools to provide Developers with the tools they need
- Measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring of our systems and the underlying infrastructure
- Work to improve our processes and systems iteratively
- Be part of a production support on-call schedule (Roughly six weeks between rotations)
- Work as part of an Agile Team working using Kanban
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or Python Developer
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- 3+ years using configuration/provisioning management systems (Salt, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with large-scale web systems
- BS in computer related field or 4+ years comparable job experience
Technology familiarity we're looking for:
- Python Development
- End to End Python Testing
- Go Development is a Plus
- GRPC Development is a Plus
- Docker Configuration
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Monitoring systems (Datadog, Nagios, Zabbix, etc.)
- Scripting Experience (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- CDN Configuration Experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.