Teachable is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a member of our Infrastructure & Information Security pod, you will maintain our cloud infrastructure, develop services, and tooling that act as a catalyst for our engineering teams. You will have an integral role in supporting our creators who entrust Teachable with their content every day.
We’re looking for a collaborative and compassionate engineer with extensive experience in AWS architecture, Linux systems administration, and Agile software development.
You can read up more about our DevOps culture in this interview with our Senior Manager of Infrastructure and Information Security
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience building and scaling AWS architecture to support
- Experience with a wide array of AWS services (EC2, RDS, EKS, ECS, Route53, and more…)
- Ability to design and scale AWS services with interoperability and resilience in mind
- Experience supporting and performance tuning of Amazon Aurora
- Experience with one or more of Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible or comparable configuration management tools
- Container orchestration platform experience (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm or ECS)
- Scripting language experience such as Bash, Csh, etc.
- Programming experience in Ruby, Python or other object-oriented languages
- Excitement for the prospect of collaborating with a diverse team to tackle meaningful problems each and every day
- Sympathy for the complexity of being a developer and desire to help make deploying code as frictionless and secure as possible
- Who is a kind, passionate, and collaborative problem-solver that seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact
- Who has an excellent working knowledge of DevOps, cloud architectures, and deployment processes
What you will be doing:
- Design resilient, secure, high availability cloud infrastructure in support of long term engineering goals
- Plan and execute complex collaborative projects and see them through to completion
- Play an instrumental role in migrating applications to EKS
- Improve software delivery and operational performance measurement capabilities
- Leading the democratization of Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Manage and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Mentor software engineers on DevOps principles
- Make service your mission as you optimize our infrastructure to enable increasing deployment frequency with a reduction in change failure rates
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $850 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.