Narrativ is the marketplace for unbiased product recommendations by experts on the open web. We exponentially increase match rate and augment commerce content with real time conversion data—turning honest recommendations from expert voices into a brand safe, multi-billion dollar acquisition channel.
Demand for expert recommendations has exploded, surpassing the need for simple price comparison and ushering in the era of the Intentional Shopper. This is a lean in, high intent shopper who seeks the whole story to find the products best suited to her individual needs.
Our product graph—100M+ products mapped to all of the rich stories about them and over $26B of live purchase data —powers our high match rate. Our market research tools help editors author better, higher converting product recommendations.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: Narrativ drove $50mm in revenue for partners like Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta Beauty, Chanel, Goop, Revolve, and more.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
You are a software engineer who thrives on finding ways that systems can break. You laugh at “the happy path” because you know the darkness hiding behind the many forking branches of the path! You revel in setting up testing infrastructure, tools, and libraries so that it’s easier for developers to write useful tests than not. You are a champion of good testing practices and a friendly mentor. You understand quality tradeoffs are as appropriate as any feature tradeoff. You appreciate the unique value of manual testing in a holistic quality strategy, and understand where to apply automation. You know what’s appropriate for unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, smoke tests, end-to-end tests, and manual tests. You get involved in project scoping so acceptance criteria are measurable. You get involved in system designs so features are testable, instantiating or mocking other components as appropriate. You know how to strike the balance between the completeness and practicality of a test plan. You accept that “testing in production” is okay if done with care, though you may prefer a fully cloned test system. You enjoy having different systems with different levels of isolation and stability expectations, like production, staging, dev, local. You have a passion for understanding root causes and about quality as a feature in general.
You are Narrativ’s Software Engineer in Test. 🛡
- Perform manual testing driving automated test roadmap // design
- Define automation test plan design across cross-functional teams, teach best practices
- Monitor systems for regressions giving actionable insights to feature teams
- Maintain quality of Narrativ’s UI/UX and report on regressions
- Own the feature of “quality,” and drive the continuous improvement of it
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Engineer in Test
- Experience in designing scalable automation systems
- A forever learner, also a teacher
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in coordinating multiple work streams across multiple teams
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.