Senior Front End Engineer at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Our tech team is small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We encourage proposals for projects off the beaten path, experimentation with different frameworks and libraries, and doing as you see fit to solve problems.
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need great front-end engineers to do it. Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As part of our tech team, you will play a key role in helping us create delightful experiences in a sound and scalable way.
We also offer above-market compensation and equity, as well as full benefits.
- You have extensive experience with React, Ember, AngularJS, Vue.js or other modern JS frameworks.
- You have some experience with Node.js.
- You have great interpersonal skills and a willingness to go above and beyond when collaborating with designers, product managers and engineers.
- You have a keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- You have a good visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a huge bonus.
- You’re really detail-oriented. Like really detail-oriented.
- You’re obsessed with shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- 5+ years of experience preferred
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.