Senior Front End Engineer at SmartAsset
SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is looking for a hands-on, experienced, Front End Developer to join our NYC-based technology team. You will be responsible for a wide range of challenging tasks, working on various front-end aspects of our product, user-interactivity, our mobile app, and various infographics. You will be leading and coordinating the work of a small technology team and working with our product organization to determine goals and requirements.Responsibilities:
- Work with our in-house design team to develop our user-facing applications
- Develop highly interactive, clean user-interfaces
- Optimize our front-end code for performance, compatibility and seamless interaction
- Track tasks and issues, fix bugs and optimize as needed
- Re-engineer and optimize code for performance and scale
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years professional front-end development experience
- Lead team of 3-5 engineers focused on a particular product or specific project initiatives.
- Clear understanding of browser differences and quirks
- Excellent design skills and a keen eye for detail
- Good working experience with backend languages (such as Java, PHP, Python, C#)
- Ideally some design or computer-science background
- Excellent communication skills required
- Catered lunch three times per week
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Professional education reimbursement program