Senior Front End Software Engineer
MLB is looking for talented Senior Front End Software Engineers to join our growing Technology organization. This role supports projects and products that our consumers directly engage with across web, mobile, and connected streaming devices. You will be responsible for building new features and functionality for our existing products such as Stats, Scoreboards, Gameday and our very own component library. If you’re a baseball fan, a talented front-end engineer with a deep understanding of CS fundamentals, and excited by a collaborative work environment this is the role for you!
- An avid learner, independent with excellent problem-solving skills
- Prior industry experience as a Front End engineer in a similar role
- Consumer application development knowledge
- Experience developing PWAs
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- 4+ years of experience in application development
- Best practices in engineering, UX, UI
- Strong proficiency with CSS and preprocessors such as SASS and LESS
- Computer science/engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using appropriate code quality tools (ESLint, Jest, Enzyme, etc.) and testing frameworks (Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.)
- A solid understanding of front-end build and development tools such as Webpack, Babel, and npm
- WebView Development is a plus
- Participate and engage in an efficient agile environment.
- Full software development life cycle (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- Code reviews and mentor others
- Lead and take ownership of critical projects directly used by our consumers
- Influence the way that baseball is consumed by millions of users worldwide (we have some really cool things in the pipeline)
We set high standards for hiring and follow a quick and transparent process for bringing on new team members. Here’s what to expect.
1. Submit Application and Cover Letter
We'll review your application to see if there’s a potential opportunity for you at MLB.
2. Phone Screen
We'll follow-up with some technical questions over the phone with a member of our team to see if you would be a good match.
3. Code Challenge
If we think you’ll be a match, we’ll send you a challenge to see how you solve problems with limited direction.
4. On Site Interview
We’ll invite you to meet the team in person as soon as possible.
5. Official Offer
If the team finds you to be a great fit for MLB, we’ll send out an official offer.