Senior Front-End Web Engineer at Grubhub (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Hey! We're Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
The Impact You Will Make:
Creating a seamless handoff experience between restaurants and drivers is a real challenge. We've got to balance the needs and time-constraints of millions of restaurants and drivers to optimize the amount of time it takes for drivers to get food from the restaurants to the hungry diners' doors. As part of this organization, you'll create responsive applications that hundreds of thousands of restaurants will see and use as they receive, confirm and prepare orders. You'll rapidly scale up these applications and rigorously A/B test changes in a winner-takes-all environment. You'll also develop powerful internal applications that run both stand-alone and on third-party systems, aligning around a totally different user base. You will have opportunities to drive our data-driven applications to find new ways to automate and optimize our internal workflows. As a senior engineer, you'll be in the spotlight; developing new features and applications, pushing new technologies, mentoring junior engineers, and having fun!
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- History with one of the major web frameworks (E.g. Angular, React, Vue)
- Familiarity with working on large web applications that handle large amounts of data
- Knowledge of various testing frameworks (such as jest, mocha, testcafe, or cypress) is required.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, software development lifecycle best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with data-driven decision making
Got These? Even Better:
- TypeScript is a huge plus!
- Experience working with test-driven development.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
"Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]