Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!The Job:
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Refactor and tackle technical debt in the code base. Improve team capabilities with documentation, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Put in place best practices that allow for experimentation using data
- Manage a team of engineers in different stages of their careers; make them better at their jobs, advocate for the, and unblock them
- Lead sprints and sprint planning while syndicating the companies values, mission and objectives in all that we do
- Take part in the software planning process, e.g. creating and estimating JIRA tickets, QAing feature, etc.
- Enhance business and tech stakeholder relationships
- Building and hiring a team almost from scratch
- 4-5+ years building full-stack applications.
- 3+ years dedicated to to working on front-end and building products that users love
- Experience spec’ing out features, designing data models and API endpoints.
- The desire to self teach and keep up with new developments in tech
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.