Senior Frontend Engineer
Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of data in real time, and then extracts knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a dynamic user interface which enables our clients to make strategic business decisions around corporate strategy, innovation, investments, etc.
The role you'll play:
As a Senior Front End Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a collaborative team to build out our platform. Our crew uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that we are deploying multiple times a day.
Our tech department has a collaborative, “teach and learn” culture with a focus on career progression and innovation.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
Your main tasks:
- Develop reusable UI components in React/Redux
- Build FE features for our robust, data-heavy platform
- Help increase our average team velocity in ticket resolution and increase our team capacity
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of hands-on development with React/Redux for a platform
- Experience with building React components that follow best practices and are performant
- Solid understanding of modern web application development processes and standard methodologies. Strong preference for this experience to include responsive design and front-end development on a consumer-facing application where usability is a first class goal.
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000! #LI-FR1