Senior Frontend Software Engineer, Digital
What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who are we looking for?
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.Role description:
The Senior Frontend Engineer on the Digital team will be responsible for the design and execution of our product vision to bring TpT’s content to devices in the classroom. Specifically, you will help launch new products that help teachers prepare, distribute and evaluate interactive digital content used by students to support their learning. You will be expected to build and maintain the core frontend technologies to enable this experience while also mentoring and collaborating with fellow engineers on best practices and architecture to facilitate high-velocity development over time. Additionally, you will work closely with product, design and engineering stakeholders to drive critical decisions impacting the direction of our product and the technology enabling it.Responsibilities:
- Driving the full product development process as needed - from design to development to release and iteration.
- Providing guidance and leadership to the team on our frontend development best practices. Iteratively evolving our practices to optimize for velocity and delivery.
- Being a thought partner for product and design stakeholders to help us achieve an ambitious goal through an iterative process of learning and development.
- Working closely with peer engineering teams on intersecting decisions and technologies.
- Strong preference for individuals with deep experience in HTML Canvas or other 2D/3D rendering technologies. An ability and willingness to dive into such technologies is necessary.
- Ability to contribute to full-stack feature development (including occasional backend work as needed).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively drive decision-making across stakeholders.
- A mature understanding of practices to enable scalable, high quality production operations: monitoring, logging, performance testing, and other disciplines.
- At least 4+ years of development experience at scale.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process can contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.