Clyde is an end-to-end product protection platform that is rethinking the way retailers increase loyalty and drive revenue, and the way customers manage their purchases. We are tackling the $50B per year extended warranty market and becoming the de facto solution in the space by leveraging an intense focus on product, design, and customer experience. Clyde delivers product protection plans directly to consumers as they shop, owning the relationship from purchase to claim submission to resolution. We know that the relationship between retailers and their customers is far from over after checkout so we’re building products to deliver value at every stage of this relationship.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help lead the development of the Clyde platform and bring our business to its next stage. As an Engineer at Clyde, you will architect, design, and execute on projects in collaboration with a growing team that you’ll be helping to build.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the rest of the Clyde team to continuously iterate on and improve our best-in-class product
- Significantly influence major projects in our roadmap as we expand and evolve our suite of products
- Optimize the way that we work by following — and refining — engineering best practices
- Scale and extend our existing APIs and eCommerce plugins
This position reports to Clyde's CTO.
This is the position for you if...
- You get excited by the idea of modernizing an antiquated and highly profitable industry
- You’re interested in working with modern technologies and frameworks and building modern and forward-thinking products
- You’re looking to join a collaborative and tight-knit team where you will have real impact on the product
What We Look For
- 3+ years professional web development experience
- Expertise working with PostgreSQL, MySQL, or comparable relational databases
- Expertise building scalable APIs
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration
Nice To Have
- Experience working in eCommerce — especially with major platforms like Shopify, Magento, etc.
- Familiarity with Git or other similar VCS
- Expertise working with Redis
- Email marketing experience
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Expertise optimizing heavy SQL queries
- DevOps experience — specifically using AWS and Docker/Kubernetes
Who are we?
Clyde is a product and design led organization founded in 2017 in NYC by a customer-obsessed team of designers, engineers, operators, and successful former founders. We have partnered with some of the top investors in the world to help us achieve our vision.
Why should you join us?
Clyde is building an incredibly thoughtful suite of products with enormous potential. We are a highly resourceful, motivated, and collaborative team, and we value diversity of all kinds. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. All members of our team will have ample opportunities for professional growth, plus, we offer competitive salaries and equity packages, health insurance, unlimited time off with a mandatory 10 days, a vacation fund, and a creative culture. We are building a really exciting company and can’t wait for you to join us.