You are a web technologist looking to get in on the ground floor of an exciting startup with a truly inspiring mission and mandate. You’ll be able to help set the tone for how we develop our product, design and engineering culture. You’re inspired by the massive opportunity of what we’re building and the product’s potential to make meaningful improvements to how civic and social activism works on the internet.
- Help design and build the next generation of our product, expanding both how we reach our users as well as how they can take action.
- Directly contribute as we build and iterate Action Button, our core product.
- Manage and contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base.
- Work with our publisher and brand clients, conducting reviews to meet customer’s security and architectural requirements.
- Work with our Head of Product to define the product roadmap and engineering priorities.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of overall web development experience
- Experience developing large-scale web application systems across the full stack
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services & other modern hosting options
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining high availability and scalability relational databases.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to mentor growing juniors, curious peers, and engaged leaders.
- Real world experience in the media, publishing and advertising industries
- Real world experience in the civic technology or non profit sector
- A high comfort level working within a self-directed culture, solving complex problems, and navigating ambiguity
- Some basic design chops and an eye for great UI design
- Mobile development: iOS, Android and hybrid platforms (React Native)
We’re looking for candidates who embody our core values:
- Integrity - You take pride in doing the right thing when no one is watching. You follow through on your word. You believe in the power of using tech as a force for good.
- Innovation - You are constantly challenging the status quo, taking initiative, and seeking to get better.
- Impact - You have demonstrated a track record of making an impact in your community (however you interpret “community” -- It can be your school, your neighborhood, your online community, etc.)