Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer position is responsible for creating the code powering the baseball experience as part of MLB.com. Launched in 2001 as the tech arm of Major League Baseball, MLB.com is renowned for creating experiences that baseball fans love - and we're just getting started!
This role offers the opportunity to collaborate with other world-class engineers, product developers, and designers; contribute to award-winning and complex apps and systems; influence the innovation of products used by millions globally; and work in a highly collaborative, results-oriented, team environment.
Using cutting edge technology, our software is consumed by fans, broadcasters, stadiums, MLB Clubs and the League itself. We are looking for Software Engineers that are passionate about building new technologies for the baseball industry.
- Write clean, concise, modular code that is easily testable.
- Mentor/Coach Junior Developers
- Participate in an agile environment.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Participate in code reviews.
- 7+ years of experience with backend technologies
- Skilled in back end technologies: Java/Node
- Experience building large and scalable applications
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience building thread safe code and unit testing (JUnit)
- Understanding of unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
Preferred, But Not Required
- A baseball fan or sports enthusiast
- Experience with AWS/Google Cloud
- Experience designing / maintaining / tuning high-performance code to ensure optimal load time
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience building large and scalable public facing applications