Senior Principal Engineer at Conductor
We are looking for an experienced Senior Principal Engineer/Architect with a track record of thought leadership and execution. This person will help us evolve and improve our holistic technical strategy, and also collaborate with teams to design the architecture that powers individual features in our Enterprise SaaS application.Our Engineering Values
- Collaboration: We believe that engineers do their best work when working together in cohesive teams.
- Excellence: We believe in doing things the "right way" rather than the "fast way", and holding ourselves to a high standard of excellence.
- Growth: We believe engineers do their best work when they are constantly growing, learning, and changing.
- Communication: We believe in combining empathy with openness and honesty to set clear expectations and hold each other accountable.
- Impact: We believe we're making the world a better place by empowering marketers to really help their customers rather than just sell stuff.
- Drive alignment and improvement of technical strategy across all vertical features and horizontal layers of the stack
- Ensure that our solutions are designed and implemented to address relevant architectural concerns (e.g. extensibility, maintainability, scalability, reliability, etc.)
- Ensure that technical debt is only incurred consciously and explicitly, and help to create plans and timelines for repaying it
- Regularly assess the health of architecture and systems. Advocate for upgrades, maintenance, and improvements. Help to communicate the value of that work to non-technical stakeholders.
- Contribute code and tests to team projects as needed, and occasionally take on solo projects to lay foundations for better architecture
- Work with large, disparate datasets and find opportunities for interoperability
- Proactively create, refine, communicate, and evangelize our technical vision
- Be an integral part of our cross-functional “Architecture Council”
- Review design documents, PoCs, and code contributions
- Proactively collaborate with engineering teams as a valued partner, as opposed to a gatekeeper
- Be a gatekeeper when absolutely necessary to avoid significant risk or technical debt
- Participate in high-level product brainstorming and roadmap planning as a technical consultant
- Build consensus and buy-in for our technical strategy across the department
- Help our engineers grow and level up their skills via mentorship, teaching, etc.
- Practice and evangelize a culture of “disagree and commit”
- Always communicate constructively, courteously, and professionally
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- You have 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Highly preferred: you have 1+ years as an architect or principal engineer
- You’ve designed and delivered massive scale, multi-tenant SaaS data products using public clouds such as AWS, GCP or Azure cloud services. Experience with AWS products is a plus
- You’ve designed and delivered Restful web services in cloud
- You have experience building distributed systems that collect and process data, and you’re familiar with technologies, patterns, and best practices for ETL, ELT, ETLT, etc.
- You have experience with microservice architecture, docker containers, and Kubernetes
- You’re an expert at SQL/ NoSQL databases and SQL programming
- You have experience migrating, deprecating, or otherwise managing legacy monolithic codebases and databases
- You’re an expert in object-oriented languages such as Java, Scala, Python
- You have top-notch communication and collaboration skills
- You pride yourself on your ability to connect with and influence people in a dynamic cross-cultural environment, and your colleagues would attest to the value of those connections
- You have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams
- You possess a can-do startup attitude
At Conductor, we are looking for engaged and passionate engineers that can raise the bar. There is a tremendous opportunity here to have immediate impact in the day-to-day and affect the company's success and growth. We all share in the same values and push each other to meet these standards.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and include a team of exceptional engineers in Kyiv as well. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here for continuing to push forward your career and make a difference in this industry.
We'd love to hear from you if you're inspired by Conductor's mission to be customer first and people first. Our team is pioneering, collaborative, and passionate about helping people together through meaningful content and marketing strategies. Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.About Conductor
Conductor Searchlight helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online. The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global and emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, ClassPass, and WeWork.