Senior Quantitative Engineer at SIMON
We are looking for outstanding Senior Software Engineers
to join our New York-based Quantitative Engineering team who can quickly grasp complex and fluid business problems and solve them with elegantly designed, robust, reliable, highly-performant, and highly readable code. If you love using the latest technologies, working on creative software projects, and/or thinking about innovative new business plans in your spare time, read on.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Leverage open-source technologies and cloud solutions to build elegant features that SIMON platform users love
- Design and implement elegant and easy-to-scale code, models, and schema that capture the economics of deeply complex financial instruments
- Collaborate with other engineers to research and implement state-of-the-art pricing and analytics features electronically accessible on the SIMON platform
- Generate and expand SIMON's creative and reliable solutions to all asset classes, as well as product issuers, wholesalers, and distributors
- Coordinate closely with sales and product development teams daily to push SIMON's FinTech strategy and improve the overall profitability of our business
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative area or related field
- 3-5 years of software engineering related experience, preferably within financial or wealth management technology
- Strong object-oriented/functional programming and the ability to write easy-to-scale, high-quality code
- Professional experience with Python and JVM based languages such as Scala, Java, and Kotlin
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with AWS solutions such as Lambda, S3, Kinesis
- Good knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City's Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON's intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions-Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.