Senior Ruby Engineer
Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
We’re looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer to solve hard problems gracefully and elegantly, grow highly scalable systems, and play a role in shaping our technical vision. We are solving a wide range of technical challenges as we power the world’s largest marketplace for men and women’s fashion.
This is a chance to join a team of smart, thoughtful, engineers with a clean, robust tech stack. You’ll get to use some skills you already know, learn new ones, and help evolve Grailed from where we are today.
As a Senior Ruby Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to build features and improvements
- Build APIs and back-end systems
- Interface directly with our PostgreSQL cluster
- Maintain security, performance and scalability
- Figure out how to handle large traffic surges, especially during high-profile influencer campaigns. E.g., Lil'Yachty has over 7 million followers on Instagram alone and directed a large percentage of them to us during his influencer sale.
- Solve challenges in: architecture, fraud and security, personalization, optimization, payments and more
- Help power and ensure our financial and transactional systems are always online, and humming
- QA and code review other engineer’s work
- Keep up with the latest development trends in server-side technologies
The following might describe you:
- 4+ years development experience
- Production experience with Ruby on Rails
- You have built, maintained, or architected one or more production web applications
- Has a strong sense for API design, database design, naming, and simplifying complex services
- Is familiar with operational concerns such as deployment, migrations, configuration, and provisioning
- Experience in a test driven environment
- Experience working in e-commerce
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, commuter benefits, and amazing healthcare plans covered up to 95%. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.