Founded in 2014, Even Financial is a B2B fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. As the leading search, comparison, and recommendation engine for financial services, Even seamlessly bridges financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion and MoneyLion) via its simple yet robust API and embeddable marketplaces. Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, fully customizable, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security at scale. Even’s investors are leading financial services firms and VCs, including American Express Ventures, Canaan Partners, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Greatpoint Ventures, Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures. Even placed in the Top 50 of the 2020 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, awarded to the fastest growing tech companies in the world, and has originated over $3B in credit to date.
As a developer, you will flex your Back End engineering expertise, while building new features and services in Scala with Play and Akka, all hosted on AWS. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a high impact team to expand our API's capabilities, all while ensuring quality and robustness. Come join our team as we push into new products and continue to innovate, streamline, and automate the Financial Service Search Industry.
Day to day:
- Lead the technical design of new features on Even’s core platform and API
- Contribute to a collaborative code base with other team members
- Identify, advocate for, and implement improvements to our services
- Flex into adjacent areas as needed, such as Data Engineering or DevOps
- Mentor, teach and unblock other engineers, and spread knowledge through things like brown bags
- Review new architecture proposals across our teams by participating in our RFC process and design sessions
- Analyze and debug complex system-level issues
- Recommend new technologies to improve developer impact, code quality, and our product offerings
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 4-7 years software engineering experience.
- Strong experience working with JVM environments, preferably Scala or Java 8+.
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL, database designs, and general best practices.
- Experience with Event-based design patterns and Kafka or similar technologies.
- Experience with AWS or another cloud infrastructure provider.
- Excellence in designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting.
- Drive to deploy your code and features, and follow them to production to ensure smooth delivery.
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others.
- Not afraid to get into the logs to root out errors.
- Eager to master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Uncapped paid time off (PTO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.