Senior Site Reliability Engineer- Diner
About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table
More about the role:
Grubhub engineers own and run their products and services from conception to continuous operation. Site Reliability Engineers play a key role and are embedded within development teams to focus on the operational aspects of our services.
On this team, you will help solve complex order taking at a giant scale in a highly competitive landscape. This team supports the web and backend technologies for how customers find and order their food.
The Diner SRE Team at Grubhub helps our hungry diners find, order, and purchase the perfect meal half a million times a day. Our services handle tens of millions of requests per day and the SRE team works on the infrastructure that supports every aspect of the GrubHub diner’s experience. If you're an engineer interested in making a significant impact on our product, this is the team for you!.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that support fundamental capabilities within Grubhub’s products.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing high availability services in a distributed cloud environment that needs to scale exponentially.
Tools we work with:
- Java for microservices
- Docker (in production!)
- Combination of AWS and our own hardware
- Python and Fabric for automation and our CD pipeline
- Jenkins and Spinnaker for builds and task execution
- Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- DataDog for metrics and alerting
- Splunk for log aggregation
- Puppet for Packer image management
You Should Have
- 4+ years experience building complex distributed systems. In this role you are the one gravitating toward operational concerns of the team, focusing on reliability, performance, capacity planning and automation of everything.
- Proficient in high-level script languages such as Python or Ruby (Python preferred)
- Experience developing solutions leveraging Docker
- Experience working in and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Google, Azure, etc)
- Experience managing Linux (Centos, Ubuntu) systems
- Experience building and supporting web-facing technologies
- Configuration management experience with Puppet or Ansible and Chef would be seen as a plus
- Building/implementing monitoring for network, server and application status
- Experience with monitoring tools such as graphite, Nagios, Datadog, Runscope
Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.