Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Release at Squarespace
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced and passionate software engineers and systems engineers who have backgrounds in systems, programming and networking to help ensure that customers around the world are able to access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features are working properly.
We build the tools that build Squarespace. From pull request to production dozens of times a day, and just as important, fast push-button rollbacks. We provide the tools to introspect what our code is doing and how it’s doing it. Our footprint is mixed between on-prem and cloud, our job is to choose the right solution to the problem at hand and deliver it efficiently.
Hundreds of engineers, serving millions of sites to millions of users, many millions of times a day. We give our product engineers the confidence to do great things.
We expect our engineers to lead projects from our offices in Dublin, Portland and New York. While on-call is expected, we value sustainability in our operations and rely on SLOs and error budgets to keep our operational toil in check.
This role will report to the team lead.
- Own the services which allow us to build and deploy Squarespace ensuring a hermetic, repeatable process.
- Own the services which manage metrics, logging, alerting, and tracing.
- Ensure the local development environment for engineers at Squarespace allows us keep up our pace.
- Provide the tooling to ensure that when we release we do so fast, safely and reliably. Including code analysis and automated end-to-end testing.
- Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates the provisioning, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of Squarespace’s infrastructure and ensure it's redundant and fast around the globe.
- Work closely with a team of experienced engineers to test your ideas and understand the system, and mentor junior team members.
- Programming experience. Preferred languages: Java, C++, Python, Go, and Ruby.
- 5+ years experience managing large-scale software and distributed systems in *nix environments.
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- 5+ years of experience with database design, caching, scalability, and network fundamentals.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.