Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Why is this a big opportunity?
- We are rebuilding our SRE team and methodologies and are looking for an experienced SRE engineer to be part of this redesign. This is a unique chance to improve existing tools and workflows & Build new tools and pipelines where needed.
The ideal candidate will be an engineer with a wide variety of experience in multiple related fields, who can hit the ground running on what is currently happening and simultaneously help envision, redesign and rebuild wherever needed in order to achieve maximum stability and visibility for the entire organization
- If you have the experience needed and want to manifest your vision on how thing should be done, this is a great opportunity
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Deal and solve tasks in the realms of visibility, scalability, availability and performance.
- Define, maintain, and manage service and business level Service Level Objectives (SLOs).
- Be a subject matter expert on how the platform operates (service discovery, load balancing, monitoring/metrics, et cetera).
- Be a part of the On-Call rotation.
- Monitoring [Newrelic, Prometheus, Grafana, Sentry & More]
- Linux (Ubuntu)
You Should Have
- Being embedded within a Software Engineering team
- Experience in designing highly available architecture
- Continuous delivery principles and practices
- Monitoring best practices
- Service discovery
- Load testing
- Public Cloud (AWS, Google or Azure)
- Linux (understand how things work under the hood)
- Vast knowledge on implementing Devops methodologies
Got These? Even Better:
- Coding skills [Python, Bash]
- Infrastructure as Code
- Highly trafficked web-based software engineering experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.