Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world's largest organizations and government agencies. Since 2014, Hyperscience’s automation technology has helped data-centric companies parse through vast amounts of unstructured inputs and raw information to get to swifter and smarter business outcomes. Through the Hyperscience Platform, enterprises are empowered to transform their operations, and drive operational efficiency as well as human productivity by fully unlocking the power of their data.
Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The company has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will lead capabilities that are critical to Hyperscience’s success and the success of our clients. Hyperscience serves our customers on-premise (including client-managed private clouds) and is currently building out our Cloud SaaS offering. Our SRE Team is responsible for defining the technology stack, tooling, automation, standards and practices for the SRE capability focused on our clients’ operations and infrastructure.
You will collaborate with our CloudOps team on our SaaS and general Cloud incident management, including definition and adherence to effective SLAs. You will partner with our application engineering teams to ensure alignment with the Product roadmap and technical roadmap.
For our on-premise customers, you will execute on standards, practices, and processes for on-premise incident management and escalation, including Tier 2 and Tier 3 support, as well as an SRE roadmap for tooling and automation to make on-premise operations and serviceability simple and reliable for our customers. You will partner with the Customer Success (CX) team to ensure effective collaboration in support of our clients.
As with Google’s definition of SRE, our focus is on automation. This means that strong software development and scripting practices and capabilities are central to the team.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product and business. You will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes, and there will be many opportunities for growth along the way.
- Partner with Customer Experience and Product Engineering teams to evolve Hyperscience products and services reliability, serviceability and operations, for both on-premise deployment and our Cloud based SaaS offering.
- Respond to technical support escalations for troubleshooting and diagnosing advanced technical issues, and provide solutions to restore Hyperscience services levels in accordance to defined SLAs.
- Act as an incident response commander for high severity issues by organizing and driving the cross-functional incident response team to recover from service degradation and deliver remediation in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead postmortem analyses to maintain high transparency across the organization regarding the process of incident handling and drive continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain a site reliability engineering toolbox in order to provide automated utilities to proactively help operations and technical support teams to sustain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- 2+ years of experience related to site reliability engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on coding experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: Python (preferred), Java, C++, Go, etc.
- Strong hands-on troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong experience with a SRE tech stack including tooling and automation strategy and implementation to improve incident response effectiveness across Engineering and CX
- Experience in operations, including automation, monitoring, alerting, and incident management
- Experience in relational database systems troubleshooting, performance tuning, development and migration
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS or Azure
- Experience with enterprise software (cloud or on-premise)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and teamwork communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field OR equivalent practical experience
Nice to haves
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with major NoSQL databases
- Ideally this position is in New York City, but working remotely elsewhere on the US East Coast is an option.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.