Senior Software Development Engineer at andros
You will be responsible for contributing to the development of products and engineering solutions. A Sr SDE is also responsible for the technical direction of engineering efforts as well as design choices for software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms.
The outcomes we're looking for:
- Contribute to the design, specifications and estimating of engineering projects
- Execute code (outside of code review) independently
- Develop stable software that satisfies complex product requirements as well as meeting architectural specifications
- Maintain high levels of code test coverage while delivering clean concise and understandable code
- Provide constructive feedback on architectural designs and peer code reviews
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, and Client Success
- Curiosity and drive: Demonstrate curiosity and a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or haven’t yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other (O)RDBMS
- Comfortable developing for/in a unix environment (regardless of distribution)
- Experience in software and systems architecture
- Outstanding coding skills, knowledge of patterns and best practices in software engineering
- A commitment to test driven development.
- Open communicator with superb written and oral communication skills. Your code should not be the only thing that speaks for your work.
- Self-directed, seek responsibility, and strive for excellence