Squarespace is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Android to join our small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Android applications and the long-term vision of Squarespace on mobile devices. This role reports to our Engineering Team Lead in New York City.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- Prototype new app and feature ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of mobile technology
- Collaborate across departments with team members representing product, design, web development, and server side engineering
- Maintain apps, listen to community and fix issues that arise
- Design and implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- 5+ years of experience in Android development
- Expertise in Git, Java, Android SDK, and API design
- Experience with interactive application development paradigms, memory management, network programming, and concurrency
- Have published one or more applications in the Google Play Store or other marketplaces
- Experience mentoring other engineers, and the desire to lead
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.