What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world in 2019! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who are we looking for?
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Is Daydreaming about Docker your Desire? Are you the Adjunct Authority on Automation? Have you been a Keener for Kubernetes Knowledge?
As a Developer Tools Engineer at TpT you will be interacting with the entire engineering organization, always on the hunt for improving developer processes. You’ll help to build and improve our Development Environment, Internal CLI tool, and Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Experience with the primary tools we use: Kubernetes, Jenkins, Brigade, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale.
- Knowledge of at least a few of the programming languages we use: GoLang, Node.js, Php, Elixir, Bash, Python, Ruby on Rails
- You see opportunities for automation where others see hours of manual work.
- You have strong opinions on tools, languages and practices but can disagree and commit to a choice when necessary.
- Experience with backend web development practices and tools, including CI/CD, SQL databases, APIs, git/GitHub, etc.
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business and engineering teams.
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, and teaching your learnings.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to speak clearly to technical and nontechnical audiences and to write clearly
- Experience with Ed-Tech or ecommerce marketplaces.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Comfortable creating production safe SQL queries.
- Open source contributor or active in your professional community.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process can contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.