Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack – Growth
Greater NYC Area
Teachable is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, with a Frontend emphasis, on the Growth Pod. We're a tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education. On the Growth Pod, our mission is to enable more creators to experience the value of Teachable, as quickly and often as possible. We do that by collaborating closely among product, design, marketing, and engineering to build iteratively and launch high-impact A/B experiments to learn quickly.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on Growth, you'll work directly on a system that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You’ll help us understand our users, identify problems, ideate, and build out feature improvements and experiments.
Check out How We Code at Teachable to get some insight into engineering here
- Work to turn ideas into high-impact user features
- Continuously ship code to a service educating millions of students
- Leverage data to make principled and effective decisions
- Learn, teach, and collaborate closely with your teammates and beyond
What we’re looking for:
- Strong ability to get things done and ship features
- Capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Comfortable with building and modifying APIs, and working with databases
- Good programming practices: code organization, functional principles, readability and maintainability, testing, monitoring and logging, performance, etc.
- Value working as part of a team and supporting other team members
- Past experience with data-driven product development is a plus
- 4+ years of experience working with production code
(At Teachable, we use React, Typescript, Sass, and have some legacy Angular)
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description