Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack) at WeWork Technology
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced full stack engineer to work on applications that connect our members both socially and professionally. For a passionate and motivated engineer, this is a phenomenal opportunity to work on a new team establishing best practices and standards. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) and each other to help them connect, grow, and ultimately be more successful. This is a meaningful position focused on technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale and mature as a software engineering organization.
About the Mission
The Engagement mission is responsible for delivering technology that creates intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, and building engaging community models in smart environments. Our product area within the Engagement mission seeks to give community managers superpowers to create thriving, vibrant, engaged workplace communities, and tools to appropriately oversee their spaces.
- Work closely with product manager and product designer to review requirements and designs
- Build scalable, performant, reusable and testable components.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Research new technology, build prototypes and write clean, maintainable code
- Support and solve issues (process and system), identify the root cause, and actively implement balanced corrective actions.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- 4+ years of experience in full-stack Software Engineering.
- Experience with development and design of large-scale software projects.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment and coach more junior engineers.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.