Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack, Conversion at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking an experienced fullstack engineer to join our Conversion team. We’re looking for an engineer who is hands-on - both in terms of writing code and contributing to user experience discussions.
The Conversion team identifies key user segments and tailors an actionable, understandable experience that connects our customers with the right product for their needs. Their work impacts millions of users daily, making the team a critical step in the user journey. You will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Design and build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Take a significant role with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product updated with the latest frontend technologies such as React, TypeScript, and ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Encourage the technical growth of your team and teammates
- Mentor junior team members
- Build end-to-end projects and features
- Development experience in Java, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language
- Working knowledge of TypeScript or other typed languages
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences
- An understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and dependable code
- BS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.