Teachable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to operate in a team lead role for the Growth Pod. We're a tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education. On the Growth Pod, our mission is to enable more creators to experience the value of Teachable, as quickly and often as possible. We do that by collaborating closely among product, design, marketing, and engineering to build iteratively and launch high-impact A/B experiments to learn quickly.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Growth, you'll work directly on a system that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You’ll help us understand our users, identify problems, ideate, and build out feature improvements and experiments.
You can read up on some of the growth team’s efforts in this post on open sourcing our A/B testing tool, OnRamp
- Be a strong technical partner across product and engineering to prioritize, estimate, make tradeoffs, and maximize impact
- Be a strong partner across design and engineering for research, prototyping, and iteration
- Lead the team and beyond on practices of experimentation and data-driven product development
- Parachute into different parts of the app and stack to create the optimal user experience, especially in the areas of onboarding, registration, user activation, and emails
- Co-own growth metrics with the team.
- Co-own the roadmap, estimate effort vs impact, and lead & facilitate quarterly planning
- For a detailed look at how we work on the tech team at Teachable, check out our Operating Principles blogpost
What we’re looking for:
- A seasoned product engineering leader that has seen growth approaches that work (and their share of ones that don’t)
- Experience with A/B testing, data instrumentation, and data analysis
- Curiosity, humility, and ambition: learns from both successes and failures
- Empowers teammates. Receptive to feedback and has a track record of being a strong partner to product and design
- Comfortable jumping into different parts of the codebase and collaborating across teams.
- Experience working full-stack with a specialization on the backend or frontend is a plus
- Experience with third-party vendors. Experience with emails and notifications, user acquisition and activation, affiliate marketing, MarTech, subscription SaaS products, and payments are a plus
- Deals well with ambiguity with a bias for practicality and a spark for creative technical solutions.
Technologies we work with:
- React, Redux, and Typescript
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres, Memcached, Redis, and ElasticSearch
- Python, Kafka, and RedShift
- AWS, DevOps ownership of systems and operability
- Read up more in How We Code at Teachable 2019
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.