Senior Software Engineer, Implementations at MANTL
MANTL is a fast-growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. Our software helps level the playing field for smaller banks and credit unions by providing them a state of the art online experience.
Our flagship product, Online Account Opening, has quickly become considered best in class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Suffice it to say, our customers love MANTL.
Since launching our first product in 2017, we have built several new products, thoughtfully grown the team, and have become a market leader.Who makes up our team?
People are our most important asset and the number one reason we all love working at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals.
We're a group of passionate technologists that support an open and transparent culture that helps foster productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well - people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small. We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team.
MANTL was proud to be named as one of Crain's 100 Best Places To Work in 2020.Senior Software Engineer, Implementations
MANTL is seeking a Senior Back-End Engineer to help design, architect, and expand our customer integrations. This role can be based in our NYC office or remote.
What You'll Do:
Work as a senior IC on MANTL’s implementations team. As a senior engineer you will be tasked with helping in the architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining of MANTL’s implementations backend.
- Provide senior technical leadership and contribute to architecture and design decisions both within the implementations team and across the entire organization
- Advocate and drive for best practices in technical disciplines across MANTL’s ecosystem (testing, logging, design patterns, and more).
- Take product features from start to finish, taking high level asks and translating them into concrete designs, tickets, and implementations.
- You love writing clean, throughly documented, and well-tested code, with an eye for long term viability and performance.
- You measure twice and code once when writing features, placing an emphasis on error-handing, logging, and edge cases for every service you write.
- You enjoy the challenge of breaking down complex product asks into elegant solutions.
- You are comfortable and experienced with system design, and not only have architectural opinions but are comfortable writing, speaking, and advocating for them.
- You approach architectural challenges not with answers but with questions, and from those questions decide upon the best approach, knowing that there is no best solution, only different sets of tradeoffs to be made.
- You enjoy providing technical guidance, suggestions, and code reviews for your teammates, using your knowledge to raise the bar of their work as well.
- 6+ years professional experience writing backend services & APIs
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals / data structures / algorithms
- Well versed with both SOAP and REST api's
- Well versed with microservice architectures
- Well versed in designing distributed systems, specifically systems using messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc
- Good technical and communication skills —- with the ability to self manage, estimate
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with NestJS / Spring Boot / Angular 4+, or any other Inversion of Control dependency injection framework)
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with K8s
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Postgres Databases
- Fintech experience (especially with core banking middlewares & funding systems,
- Experience working in an agile environments environments
- Experience with Postman
- Experience with Postico/Datagrip
- NestJS (Node IOC microservice framework)
- Vault (Hashicorp)
- Google Cloud Platform
What You'll Like About Us:
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We offer a unique employee experience based on the values of transparency, accountability and collaboration, and are deeply proud of our culture.
MANTL offers competitive compensation packages, unlimited vacation, fully covered health insurance, creative and fun team-building events, mental health programs and more. We strive to show we truly care about our employees happiness and engagement.