Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Products
What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times.
If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Our teachers are always looking for ways to leverage all the tools and devices at their disposal to effectively reach students and do their work better. Mobile is a foundational technology to support this goal at TpT and we’re looking for strong mobile product engineers who will help us develop the next generation of user experiences leveraging the TpT platform.
Successful candidates have a passion for building product experiences that effectively leverage mobile, but are also not strictly limited to just that form factor. They understand when to focus on a mobile-only solution and when to build products that are cross-platform (desktop, mobile, API) to maximize user value. They also understand the value of creating infrastructure, tooling and effective process as you build out solutions on any part of the technology stack.
Some specific attributes we’re looking for are:
- 3+ years of experience developing on a mobile platform OR a strong frontend background with a demonstrated commitment to learning native mobile development.
- A strong history of reliably delivering substantive projects to production environments at quality.
- A strong understanding of key mobile and frontend design patterns. Areas of interest and examples include: user interface architectures (MVC, MVVM, etc.), API integration patterns (REST, GraphQL, etc.), authentication and authorization technologies (OAuth, JWT, OpenID, etc.).
- Solid experience developing product infrastructure, especially for mobile platforms. Examples of this include: build tooling, testing infrastructure, monitoring infrastructure, A/B testing support.
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working with non-engineers to outline product delivery constraints.