Senior Software Engineer - Payments Pod at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:19 p.m. (EST) on Friday, May 17, 2019
Teachable is looking for a Senior Back-End software engineer. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a senior member of our technology team you will be responsible for designing and building key components of a system that impacts thousands of creators and millions of students. As our team continues to grow, your experience will be essential in ensuring that we hit our company targets, and continue to improve the supportive engineering culture we already have here. You will help define our roadmap and the best execution strategy to drive the progression of our stack and our team at large.
Read up on engineering here in How We Code at Teachable
We are looking for someone
- With 4+ years of hands-on experience building production web applications
- With software development experience using Ruby, Python, Java, Go, etc
- Has played a key role in technical projects with multiple members
- Who likes to take ownership and get involved in deciding how and what we build
- Has ideas about building software in a clean and scalable manner
- Can break down a large technical project into smaller deliverable tasks
- Cares about good development practices and sharing them with the team
- Values working as part of a diverse team and supporting other team members when needed
What you will be doing
- Develop software design and architecture
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and QA engineers to build high-quality products
- Write clean, high quality and efficient code
- Participate in code and technical design reviews
- Establish, teach, and maintain development best practices
- Mentor software engineers and strive to level up the team
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
Nice to have
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Familiarity with cloud system monitoring tools
- Some experience developing in a production rails application
What you might work on
- Build new ways to pay, improve the checkout experience, and work to create more sales
- Help creators earn more and better manage their financials
- Internationalize our payment systems to support more markets
- Developing tools and infrastructure to support millions of requests per day.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description