Senior Software Engineer - Product Test Engineering at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Product Test Engineering group. We believe testing is a first-class concern, and aim to provide systems and tools that engineers can use to build confidence in their work throughout the development lifecycle. You will be a part of a new testing landscape at Squarespace. You will report to the Team Lead in our New York City office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Quickly identify defects and automate repeatable regression tests as needed using modern test tools
- Focus in the creation of microservice and contract API end to end test tooling to improve both the speed and execution of tests and ensuring consumer and provider dependencies are met prior to release
- Experience with a test case management tool to clearly define both testing strategy and approach to the Product Empowered teams
- Experience with performance, stress and load testing tools to determine where they fit best within a CI/CD pipeline
- Ensure the test environments are providing an accurate representation of production by working with Product and Engineering teams ensuring confidence and stability
- Provide mentorship to other QA staff to help grow their career development and advocate best automation test practices
- 5+ years experience building developer productivity tools focused on testing and test automation
- Deep familiarity with the testing domain, and a grasp of testing fundamentals
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment, and creating processes to support such a workflow with a passion for mentoring engineers, and a desire to help level up those around you
- Experience with test tools such as Cypress, Webdriver.io, Cucumber, Espresso, XCUITest, Appium, X-Ray, Locust, Gatling and JMeter
- BS in CS or equivalent degree
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.