Want to work at a fast-growing and award-winning fintech company? In our first two years, we’ve nearly tripled headcount and added two new asset classes to our cutting-edge platform for financial advisors. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020 and, with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re on the lookout for smart, passionate, and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
We are looking for outstanding Senior Software Engineers to join our New York-based Quantitative Engineering team who can quickly grasp complex and fluid business problems and solve them with elegantly designed, robust, reliable, highly-performant, and highly readable code. If you love using the latest technologies, working on creative software projects, and/or thinking about innovative new business plans in your spare time, read on.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Leverage open-source technologies and cloud solutions to build elegant features that SIMON platform users love
- Design and implement elegant and easy-to-scale code, models, and schema that capture the economics of deeply complex financial instruments
- Collaborate with other engineers to research and implement state-of-the-art pricing and analytics features electronically accessible on the SIMON platform
- Generate and expand SIMON’s creative and reliable solutions to all asset classes, as well as product issuers, wholesalers, and distributors
- Coordinate closely with sales and product development teams daily to push SIMON’s FinTech strategy and improve the overall profitability of our business.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative area or related field
- 3-5 years of software engineering related experience, preferably within financial or wealth management technology.
- Strong object-oriented/functional programming and the ability to write easy-to-scale, high-quality code
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Professional experience with Python and JVM based languages such as Scala, Java, and Kotlin
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with AWS solutions such as Lambda, S3, Kinesis
- Good knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.