Senior Software Engineer: Release Engineering at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about building tools that enhance developer experience and improve developer productivity at DigitalOcean.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help improve our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deploy tooling. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Software Engineering role will design, build and maintain release pipelines, configuration tools, frameworks and infrastructure to enable teams to deploy confidently and easily.
This position will provide immense growth and learning opportunities within the Build and Release Engineering domain through challenging projects that include augmenting and redesigning our non-production environments with a robust underlying infrastructure and moving to artifact based deployments to boost productivity across development teams at DigitalOcean.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Researching emerging tools, trends and methodologies and enhancing existing systems and processes.
- Building instrumentation to measure Key Performance Indicators across tools and services managed and owned by the Release Engineering team and strive to improve performance of those.
- Designing, developing and maintaining software productivity tools incorporating both system and user design for a richer experience.
- Building critical infrastructure and tooling required by development teams so that engineers at DO can operate, build and release software efficiently and quickly.
- Collaborating to develop auditing and long term storage of those audit logs for designated pipelines.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, internal configuration management tools, Gitlab, GHE or equivalent frameworks and test infrastructure.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered and tested code.
- Experience working full stack, whether it’s building or debugging one
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, Java
- An appreciation for Makefiles, build systems, and docker as helpful tools for making a great developer experience where developers can succeed.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- A strong interest and obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company and excitement to use our products in your projects (if you haven’t already!)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!