Senior Software Engineer (Remote) - US at AlphaSights
This position is remote friendly. You will have the option to opt into one of the following work environments:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Only if you have/will have a permanent address in NY, NJ, PA, CT, NC, GA, FL, TX, CA, WA
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge. We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but we’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
As a senior full stack engineer on our team, you will enable the next generation of our discovery experience by building ambitious web applications, on the edge of what is possible. You'll work closely with users, engineers, product, and designers to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users. We're looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learning new technologies as needed.
- Write high quality code in both the server-side with Kotlin, Spring Framework and on the front end with modern frameworks such as React.
- Work with a team of full stack and front end engineers to build our next generation in-house software tools.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of one or more technical areas.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of industry experience creating web applications using Ruby, Kotlin or Java with Spring and any JS framework.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of OO principles
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked with cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Have worked with message broker technology (rabbitmq, zeromq)
- Familiarity with third party vendor APIs Integrations
- Enjoy SQL database optimisation
- Have a working knowledge of Ruby / GraphQL.
- Possess strong architectural experience
Compensation and benefits
- Average total compensation ranges from $170,000 – 190,000
- 20 vacation days, 10 company holidays & business closure during winter holiday week
- Coverage for up to 90% of your medical premiums and 75% of your dental and vision insurance premiums
- 401(k) match – 4% of your total compensation matched dollar-for-dollar
- Option to work remotely or in our New York office
We believe a broad spectrum of experience provides a great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways. If your background doesn't check all the boxes above, but you are passionate about front end engineering, we’d still love to hear from you.
Learn more about our tech organization and see our team in action by viewing this video!
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.