Senior Software Engineer, Resource Satisfaction at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
With millions of resources in the world’s largest educational marketplace, it’s critical that teachers are able to surface the most rigorous and engaging resources for their students.The mission of this team is to address this impactful challenge and maximize the satisfaction of our teachers. The team will work together to consider numerous opportunities including iterating on the new Ratings & Reviews system recently launched by this team, improving alignment of resources to educational standards (e.g. Common Core, TEKs, SOLs, ISTE, NGSS), collecting and displaying additional signals about educational needs and methods, and other potential solutions to maximize buyer satisfaction.
If you’re interested in diving deep into understanding the evolving K-12 educational landscape, working closely with teachers and principals to support learning, and solving challenging engineering problems at scale then this role is a great fit for you.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience building and scaling high-traffic services and applications (one of the team’s services receives ~2K requests/second at peak)
- Passionate about system architecture best practices like logging, monitoring, alerting, chaos engineering, and graceful error handling
- Passionate about building and participating in a fun and collaborative team culture
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, and teaching your learnings
Extra Credit for:
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.