Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Technical Lead to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Agile development, Continuous Integration and Deployment, Microservices, etc. As a Senior Software Engineer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight our users.
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale for millions of users
- Utilize Angular.js and other technologies to implement user experiences that delight our members
- Help build a top-notch Frontend engineering team that will assist in the creation of the next wave of great Weight Watchers applications
- Help define architectures and design patterns
- Ensure proper test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Oversee and ensure the quality of frontend developer code through code reviews, architecture design and the creation of coding standards
- Work closely with product, QA, UX and DevOps teams to design the best solutions for our members
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment
- Partner with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Work alongside some of the smartest and most dedicated engineers in the HealthTech industry
- Proficiency in HTML, SASS, CSS and SCSS
- Deep understanding of Responsive Web semantics and paradigms
- Experience with web services API Integration (REST or SOAP)
- Thorough understanding of user experience and UI design principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git, Subversion, CVS, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience leading a team of engineers to deliver wonderful user experiences
- BS degree in Computer Science and/or a combination equivalent academic or professional experience
- Experience working on eCommerce user interfaces and platforms
- Team player – you care about those around you and are excited to share knowledge with your peers
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.