Senior Software Engineer - UX
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is looking for a Senior Engineer to work on our fledgeling UX Engineering team, which sits at the intersection of Design and the rest of Yext Engineering. As the center of excellence for the front-end, you will run a small team with some big responsibilities. Primarily, you will own the front-end development stack and the design system for our web applications used by hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. This will involve building out a shared library of styles and controls, arming the full-stack engineers working on different areas of the product to build an accessible and consistent user interface by supporting a component-driven architecture. You will be a player-coach; you will provide guidance to more junior engineers, collaboratively set the team's roadmap, communicate with the rest of engineering, and still get to write a lot of code.
- Own the UX Engineering roadmap and plan the team's work.
- Manage the team of 3, provide routine feedback to team members on their work, and support their personal growth.
- Build out and maintain our UX Component Library, working closely with the Design and Engineering teams.
- Write HTML, CSS (SCSS), and JS (vanilla and JSX) to implement beautiful, accessible, reusable components.
- Write and maintain documentation to guide Full-stack Engineers in using the components, laying out pages, semantic markup, etc.
- Consult with other engineers to help them solve front-end implementation challenges.
- Brainstorm solutions to UX challenges.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in performance, workflows, resources, and tools
- Build and maintain a style guide.
- Roll out upgrades to common controls and styles across the platform.
- Work with Design to streamline the mocks-to-software workflow.
- Prototype new interactions and controls.
- Share expertise with teammates through code reviews, office hours, and other avenues
The ideal applicant has experience as a front-end or full-stack developer building responsive, accessible, and localized interfaces. You are comfortable working in an agile environment (we use two-week sprints) and in the context of a large web application composed from microservices and developed by over a hundred full-stack software engineers. You are a stellar engineer, and you also deeply care about the end users’ experience. You are self-motivated and detail-oriented, and you enjoy sharing your expertise with others.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.