Senior Software Engineer - Video Editing at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Video Editing to join our small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our video editing applications and the long-term vision of video editing at Squarespace. You will work under the guidance and mentorship of our Lead Video Engineer, pushing the boundaries of video content creation for millions of people with our advanced iOS mobile applications and beyond.
You will report to the Lead Video Engineer out of our New York City headquarters.
- Prototype new video editing and feature ideas
- Explore new technologies that are at the forefront video editing technology
- Design new features, create APIs, debugging
- Collaborate across departments with team members representing product, design, mobile & web development, and server-side engineering
- Maintain apps, listen to community and fix issues that arise
- Expertise in video editing software development
- Expertise in Swift, Objective-C, andC/C++
- Expertise with developing with Metal or OpenGL, pixel shaders
- Experience working with iOS AVFoundation and Android MediaCodec
- Experience developing audio sampling, signal processing and encoding applications
- Experience with DeepFaceLab and ARKit
- Knowledge of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, network programming, and concurrency
- Passionate about end-to-end-user experience design
- Background in MacOS desktop development is nice to have
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.